Code of Conduct
Novato South Little League strives to be a league which embodies good sportsmanship at all times. Families who register their children to play in Novato South Little League are expected to adhere to our Code of Conduct for players, parents, and spectators. All NSLL players and parents are required to read and sign the NSLL Code of Conduct for the regular Spring season and Fall Ball season.
Policy for Enforcement of the Code of Conduct
Following is the procedure that shall be used for the resolution of alleged violations of the Novato South Little League Code of Conduct. This procedure is applicable to all members of Novato South Little League including (but not limited to) members of the Board of Directors, coaches, managers, umpires, players, parents, and their guests.
- The Code of Conduct Committee shall be composed of the President of the Board of Directors, the Umpire-in-Chief, and the Commissioner of the respective division in which the alleged violation occurred.
- Alleged violations of the Novato South Little League Code of Conduct shall be documented in writing and delivered to a representative of the League within 24 hours of the offense.
- The Commissioner of the respective division in which an alleged offense occurred shall review the matter and attempt to resolve it.
- Player violations of the Code of Conduct shall be resolved by the team manager whenever possible. If an issue cannot be resolved, it shall be forwarded to the Commissioner of the division for appropriate action.
- If the Commissioner cannot resolve the problem, it shall be referred to the Code of Conduct Committee for resolution.
- Should the Code of Conduct Committee review the matter and find the charge warranted, the following action will be taken:
1st offense - automatic ejection for a minimum of one game and maximum of three games
2nd offense - ejection for the rest of the season
3rd offense - person ineligible to return to Novato South Little League
Should a person be ejected for any part of the season, he or she may not be present at any Novato South Little League activity. This includes practices and ballgames for a team, which he or she participates or on which his or her child participates.
A person may appeal the decision of the manager, Commissioner, or Committee by documenting the appeal in writing and delivering it to the Code of Conduct Committee for review.